- Price of the Humantay and Salkantay Pass (2 days): USD $119 per person.
*Single surcharge of US$ 119 to be able to confirm the tour for just one person.
- Vehicle from Cusco to Challacancha.
- Vehicle from Soraypampa to Cusco.
- Dinner (only on the first day).
- 1 night of lodging in a shared dome for 4 people, in a single made-up bed.
- Shower with hot water (during the afternoon).
- Private bathroom.
- Professional cook.
- Dry bag to carry clothes and personal items (maximum 7 kg).
- Mules to carry personal items.
- Mule driver.
- Entrance fee to the Salkantay route.
- Bilingual guide.
- Extra horses.
- Meals that are not mentioned.
- Trekking poles.
- Tips (optional).
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
What to bring
- 30-liter backpack to carry the items you will use during the daily hikes.
- Water-resistant backpack cover.
- Trekking poles.
- Warm jacket.
- Rain jacket and pants (Gore-Tex or similar).
- Base layer (synthetic shirts and pants).
- Short- and long-sleeved shirts.
- Synthetic long underwear.
- Hiking shoes.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Hat to protect against the sun.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Toilet paper.
- External battery.
- Cash for expenses not included in the trekking trip, like extra beverages or snacks, or souvenires.
- Minimum age of 14 to participate in the activity.
- Not permitted for pregnant women.
Start: Day 1 at 4:30 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 2 at 6:30 pm in downtown Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco – Challacancha – Humantay – Soraypampa (6 hours of trekking).
We will pick you up very early at your hotel to depart Cusco for the town of Mollepata. Here we will stop to eat breakfast after a 3-hour trip from Cusco, and then we will continue on our trip to Challacancha, where the hike will start.
We will get our first glimpses along the hike of the landscape, as we slowly acclimate to the altitude here. We will arrive at Soraypampa, where the Sky Luxury domes are. From here, we will get our first views of the Humantay and Salkantay mountains. We will be able to rest for a bit here and enjoy our lunch to restore our energy and continue on the hike in the afternoon.
In the afternoon, we will trek to Humantay Lake, located at an altitude of 4,200 meters (13,780 feet). We will hike for 1.5-2 hours until arriving at the turquoise lake. From here, we will be able to see the glacier of the same name, and which gives rise to the lake, if the weather and cloud conditions permit. After spending a little bit of time here, we will rest and take some pictures, and then start the hike back to the domes to eat dinner and go to sleep.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Cusco (7 hours of trekking).
We will get up very early to start the hike towards the Salkantay Pass. We will cross through the landscape that has formed between the mountains, and we will go up in altitude along the way as we get another viewpoint of the surrounding mountains. We will also get to see the place where we slept the night before if weather permits. We will follow the trail until reaching the pass at an altitude of 4,600 meters (15,092 feet), the highest part of the trek. If cloud conditions are optimal, we will be able to see the Salkantay and Ausangate mountains from up close while we rest from the uphill climb. After seeing this true natural spectacle, we will return via the same trail until we reach the domes, where we will pack up our things and then take the vehicle from here to Cusco to end the activity.
- If you cancel 48 hours in advance, we will make a full refund of the total paid for the booking.