The tour has confirmed daily departures and can be booked up until 48 hours in advance. However, entrance tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel and the Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountains are always subject to availability, so we recommend booking as far in advance as possible.
- Program for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes:
- Without accommodations:
- Local price: US$ 359 per person.
- International visitor price: US$ 379 per person.
- Hostel Eco Mapi with shared room:
- Local price: US$ 369 per person.
- International visitor price: US$ 389 per person.
- Hostel Presidente or similar with private room:
- Local price: from US$ 389 per person.
- International visitor price: from US$ 419 per person.
- Hotel Tierra Viva or similar with private room:
- Local price: from US$ 437 per person.
- International visitor price: from US$ 457 per person.
*Local price for citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia, and foreign residents of other nationalities in Peru.
*International visitor price for non-resident international visitors in Peru.
- Children from 3 to 7 years: US$ 77 on the local price and US$ 97 on the international visitor price.
- Children from 8 to 10 years: US$ 60 on the local price and US$ 70 on the international visitor price.
- Teenagers from 11 to 17 years: US$ 10 on the local price and US$ 20 on the international visitor price.
- Students**: US$ 10 on the local price and US$ 20 on the international visitor price.
*To access to these discounts, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**See requirements in FAQ’s.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop off in Cusco's downtown
- Transportation by vehicle from Cusco to Tambomachay (one way).
- Transportation by Expedition train between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Transportation by vehicle from Ollantaytambo to Cusco (one way).
- Breakfast the second day, lunch the first and second day.
- Entry ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Accommodations in Aguas Calientes, in case you choose the option without accommodations.
- Breakfast the first day.
- Trek poles.
- Health insurance.
- Vistadome train upgrade: US$ 35 per person (one-way).
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Entry ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu (round trip): US$ 24 per person.
*It is not possible to climb up the two mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu, in a single tour.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- A 30 liters backpack.
- Waterproof jacket and pants, or rain poncho.
- Warm clothes.
- Short and long-sleeved t-shirts.
- Hiking shoes.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Insect repellent.
- Personal hygiene objects and toilet paper.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store the garbage).
- At least S/. 100 extra for expenses not included in the trek.
- Trek poles (recommended).
Beginning: Day 1 at 6:30 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 2 around midnight in Cusco's downtown.
Day 1: Cusco – Tambomachay – Huchuy Qosqo – Aguas Calientes
- We will leave Cusco to the north until we get to Tambomachay, at 3,700 meters high.
- From this ceremonial center, dedicated to praise water, we will begin our upward hike.
- We will arrive at the Sicllaccasa pass, at 4,020 meters high.
- The path continues to Ccauca, with its amazing geological formations and native flora.
- We will make a stop in Queullococha, at 4,100 meters high, from where we will have a panoramic view of the Vilcacamba mountain chain.
- The road will take us towards Challu Challu, and then to the valley.
- The next important point will be the Huchuy Qosqo archaeological center, where we will visit the ruins for 1 hour.
- We will take the bus to Ollantaytambo, and then the train towards Aguas Calientes.
- Dinner and rest.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- At 4:30 am we will go to the Machu Picchu citadel.
- We will traverse for 1 hour with our guide.
- After that, we can go over by ourselves, or climb up one of the two near mountains: Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu (not included).
- Then, we will return to Aguas Calientes to take de train towards Ollantaytambo.
- In this place, we will take a bus back to Cusco's downtown.
Time in the citadel
The time available for visiting Machu Picchu is three hours in total. This time must be administrated as follows: one hour of guided tour, and the rest for visiting the citadel freely or climbing one of the mountains: Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu.
- The cancellation of this tour does not have a 100% reimbursement.
- If you cancel with more than 6 days in advance, the amount refunded of the advance payed for the booking, will be only US$ 59 per person.
- If you cancel with less than 6 days of anticipation, the advance payed to book will not be reimbursed.
For the children discount, is it valid the age the children have at the moment of bokking or when we are going to do the tour?
The discount for children applies according to the age they have at the moment of making the tour. Separate from that, you have to send us the travel document at the moment of booking.
What document to I need to prove that I am a student?
The students discount is valid as long as you are maximum 25 years old. The same way the discount is valid if, at the moment of booking, you send us a copy or picture of your university ID card. This card needs to have the following information:
- Full name of the university.
- Full name of the student.
- Picture of the student.
- Year on which it is valid (if you will viist Machu Picchu during 2020, the card must indicate 2020 on it).
The following documents are not valid to prove you are a student:
- Registration voucher.
- Regular student certificate.
- Transportation card for students.
- ISIC card.
Why there are prices for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes?
The idea is be able to offer an option according to what you want to pay by the tour, even giving you the possibility to choose the accommodations in Aguas Calientes on your own.
What are the differences between accommodations?
- Mapi Hostel: triple or quadruple shared room, with shared bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast.
- Presidente Hostel or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast.
- Tierra Viva Hotel (3 stars) or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes breakfast.
More doubts? Send us your questions at email@example.com and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.