The tour has confirmed daily departures and can be booked up until 48 hours in advance. However, entrance tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel and the Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountains are always subject to availability, so we recommend booking as far in advance as possible.
Prices of the programs with entrance fee to Machu Picchu for type of accommodation in Aguas Calientes:
- Without accommodations:
- Adult non-resident in Andean Community: US$ 379 per person.
- Adult resident in Andean Community: US$ 359 per person.
- Hostel Eco Mapi with shared room:
- Adult non-resident in Andean Community: US$ 389 per person.
- Adult resident in Andean Community: US$ 369 per person.
- Hostel Presidente or similar with private room:
- Adult non-resident in Andean Community: from US$ 419 per person.
- Adult resident in Andean Community: from US$ 389 per person.
- Hotel Tierra Viva or similar with private room:
- Adult non-resident in Andean Community: from US$ 457 per person.
- Adult resident in Andean Community: from US$ 437 per person.
If you select a program without entrance fee to Machu Picchu, a discount will be applied as follows:
- Adult non-resident in the Andean Community: US$ 40 off.
- Minor non-resident in the Andean Community: US$ 20 off.
- Adult resident in Andean Community: US$ 20 off.
*Andean Community: resident citizens in Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia.
*Discount for minors: you can access to the prices for minors (age 14 to 17) directly in the passengers’ number selector.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop off in Cusco's downtown
- Transportation by vehicle from Cusco to Tambomachay (one way).
- Transportation by Expedition train between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Transportation by vehicle from Ollantaytambo to Cusco (one way).
- Breakfast the second day, lunch the first and second day.
- Entry ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Accommodations in Aguas Calientes, in case you choose the option without accommodations.
- Breakfast the first day.
- Trek poles.
- Health insurance.
- Vistadome train upgrade: $ 35 per person (one-way).
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: $ 60 per person.
- Entry ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: $ 60 per person.
- Bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu (round trip): $ 24 per person.
*It is not possible to climb up the two mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu, in a single tour.
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
What to bring
- A 30 liters backpack.
- Waterproof jacket and pants, or rain poncho.
- Warm clothes.
- Short and long-sleeved t-shirts.
- Hiking shoes.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Insect repellent.
- Personal hygiene objects and toilet paper.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store the garbage).
- At least S/. 100 extra for expenses not included in the trek.
- Trek poles (recommended).
Beginning: Day 1 at 6:30 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 2 around 8:00 pm in Cusco's downtown.
Day 1: Cusco – Tambomachay – Huchuy Qosqo – Aguas Calientes
- We will leave Cusco to the north until we get to Tambomachay, at 3,700 meters high.
- From this ceremonial center, dedicated to praise water, we will begin our upward hike.
- We will arrive at the Sicllaccasa pass, at 4,020 meters high.
- The path continues to Ccauca, with its amazing geological formations and native flora.
- We will make a stop in Queullococha, at 4,100 meters high, from where we will have a panoramic view of the Vilcacamba mountain chain.
- The road will take us towards Challu Challu, and then to the valley.
- The next important point will be the Huchuy Qosqo archaeological center, where we will visit the ruins for 1 hour.
- We will take the bus to Ollantaytambo, and then the train towards Aguas Calientes.
- Dinner and rest.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- At 4:30 am we will go to the Machu Picchu citadel.
- We will traverse for 1 hour with our guide.
- After that, we can go over by ourselves, or climb up one of the two near mountains: Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu (not included).
- Then, we will return to Aguas Calientes to take de train towards Ollantaytambo.
- In this place, we will take a bus back to Cusco's downtown.
Visit to the archaeological site
To enter to Machu Picchu archaeological site, you must have the so-called Llaqta Machu Picchu entrance ticket. Remember that, in case you select a program without entrance fee, you can buy it in the Ministerio de Cultura website.
The entrance will give you access to the archaeological site following one of its 4 circuits, which you will have to choose once you are in the citadel entrance:
- Circuit 1: high and low part of the archaeological site, as well as the platforms and terraces area for 3 hours.
- Circuit 2: high and low part of the archaeological site, as well as the routes to the Inti Punku and the Inca’s Bridge for 4 hours.
- Circuit 3: low part of the archeological site including the agricultural area, Temple of the Sun, Inka House, Sacred Rock, and Archaeological Reserve for 1 and a half hours.
- Circuit 4: low part of the archeological site including the agricultural area, Temple of the Sun, Inka House, Sacred Rock, and water mirrors for 2 hours.
Our recommendation for you to tour the citadel is choosing the circuit 2, because it will allow you to visit a bigger number of attractions inside Machu Picchu and taking the classic pictures. On the other hand, in case you decide add the visit to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain as an optional service, you will have less time in the citadel, depending also on the time in which your visit to one of the two mountains is confirmed.
In case we cannot confirm the visit to the mountain as early as possible, the only possibility to visit the citadel will be with circuits 3 and 4.
- The cancellation of this tour does not have a 100% reimbursement.
- If you cancel with more than 6 days in advance, the amount refunded of the advance payed for the booking, will be only US$ 59 per person.
- If you cancel with less than 6 days of anticipation, the advance payed to book will not be reimbursed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why there are prices for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes?
The idea is be able to offer an option according to what you want to pay by the tour, even giving you the possibility to choose the accommodations in Aguas Calientes on your own.
What are the differences between accommodations?
- Mapi Hostel: triple or quadruple shared room, with shared bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast.
- Presidente Hostel or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast.
- Tierra Viva Hotel (3 stars) or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes breakfast.
For the minor price, is it valid the age the children have at the moment of bokking or when we are going to do the tour?
The discount for minors applies according to the age they have at the moment of making the tour. Separate from that, you have to send us the travel document at the moment of booking.