- Price for the Choquequirao Trek (4 days): US$ 399 por persona.
*Minimum 3 people to confirm the departure.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop off in Cusco's downtown.
- Guided tour by the archaeological site of Choquequirao.
- Roundtrip shared transportation by bus between Cusco and Capuliyoc.
- 1st night in a camp in Playa Rosalina (shared double tent).
- 2nd night in a camp in Choquequirao (shared double tent).
- 3rd night in a camp in Chiquisca (shared double tent).
- Breakfast (every day, except the first day).
- Lunch (every day).
- Dinner (every day, except the last day).
- Camping equipment (carried by a herder and horses):
- Sleeping pad.
- Luggage carrying service (up to 7 kg per person).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Entry ticket to the Choquequirao archaeological site.
- Meals not indicated in the "Included" section.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trek poles.
- Access to bathrooms during the trek.
- Health insurance.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- 30 liters backpack to bring the things you will use during the trek.
- Backpack waterproof cover.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trek poles (recommended).
- First layer (synthetic shirts and pants).
- Long and shor-sleeved t-shirts.
- Warm jacket.
- Waterproof clothes (jacket and pants, or rain poncho).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Trek shoes.
- Hat and gloves to protect yourself from the cold.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Personal hygiene objects.
- Toilet paper.
- Insect repellent.
- Extra batteries (most of the accommodation places do not have free access to energy).
- Water (1 liter per person the first day; you will be able to buy more water in the route).
- At least S/. 200 for not included expenses in the trek.
Day 1: 5:00 am at your hotel in Cusco.
Day 4: 7:00 pm in downtown Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco – Capuliyoc – Chiquisca.
We will pick you up at your lodging to start an approximately 5-hour trip by vehicle to the town of Cachora. We will make a short stop here to get everything ready to start the hike. The trek will take us to a place called Capuliyoc, where we will make a short stop to rest and eat lunch. After relaxing a bit, we will continue on the hike for another 5 hours to Chiquisca, the first campsite and where we will spend the first night.
Day 2: Chiquisca – Santa Rosa – Choquequirao.
We will get up very early to eat breakfast and get some energy for the day's hike. Our first visit will be to Rosalina beach on the Apurímac River. We will rest a bit before continuing on the hike with a 4-hour uphill climb. We will then reach Santa Rosa at an altitude of 2,100 meters (6,890 feet), where we will eat lunch and be able to rest from the uphill hike. After this, we will hike for another 3 hours until reaching the Choquequirao archaeological complex. We will catch the first glimpses of the ruins and we can camp on some of the terraces there, where we will have an unobstructed view of the citadel. At night, we will eat dinner and go to sleep.
Day 3: Choquequirao – Santa Rosa – Chiquisca.
We will get an early start to the day with breakfast, and then we will make a 2-hour visit to the archaeological complex. The guide will provide us with some information during our tour here, and also tell us about its importance for the empire. After touring and taking pictures, we will return to the campsite to get our things and start the descent to Santa Rosa. We will arrive there to eat lunch and rest a bit before continuing on the trek until Rosalina beach and then Chiquisca, where we will eat dinner and go to sleep.
Day 4: Chiquisca – Cachora – Cusco.
We will start this last day with breakfast, just like the previous days, and then we will hike to Cachora. We will arrive at lunchtime so we will be able to enjoy a moment with the group before getting into the vehicle that will take us back to the city of Cusco to end our activity.
- The cancellation of this tour has a 100% refund.
- If you cancel with more than 72 hours, you will be refunded with 100% of the deposit payed.
- If you cancel with less than 72 hours, the deposit payed to book will not be refunded.