- Price per person:
- S/ 39.00 per person.
- 10:30 am to 6:00 pm
- 7 hours and a half.
- Shared transport and spanish guide.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), food, entrance fee for Sicán Museum (S/ 8 per person), entrance fee for Tumbas Reales (S/ 10 per person) nor entrance fee to Túcume Pyramids (S/ 8 per person).
- Meeting Point:
- 7 de enero 772, Chiclayo.
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 24 hours.
We will pick you up at your hotel to depart Chiclayo and head towards the nearby city of Ferreñafe. The Sicán Route begins with the visit to the museum of this city, primarily dedicated to the Lambayeque culture that developed between 700 and 1300. The Lambayeque were primarily known for their metal work, which we will be able to see as we tour the halls of the museum.
Next, we will go to the Historic Sanctuary, a natural protected area with the greatest amount and densest formation of carob trees on the planet. After this, we will have some free time to eat lunch and rest before continuing on the tour.
In the afternoon, we will visit the Pyramids of Túcume, a 220-hectare archaeological complex. There are 26 buildings here made with adobe and in the shape of a pyramid. Many of these were ceremonial buildings, and some stand up to 40 meters tall. The pyramids were built by the Lambayeque, but there are remains that indicate they were occupied after this by the Chimú and Inca cultures. After this tour, we will return to the city of Chiclayo to end our activity.