- Price per person:
- S/ 39.00 per person.
- 10:30 am to 6:00 pm
- 7 hours and a half.
- Shared transport and spanish guide.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), food, entrance fee for Huaca Rajada (S/ per person), entrance fee for Tumbas Reales (S/ 10 per person) nor entrance fee to Brüning Museum (S/ 8 per person).
- Meeting Point:
- 7 de enero 772, Chiclayo.
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 24 hours.
We will meet at our meeting point to start this Moche Route tour to different archaeological sites in the surroundings of the city of Chiclayo. We will start with Huaca Rajada, considered to be the most important temple from the Moche culture. According to archaeological studies, it is known that this place is a six-level mausoleum where important figures from the time period were laid to rest.
Next, we will visit the Royal Tombs of the Lord of Sipán Museum, where the burial goods discovered in 1987 are on exhibition. The Lord of Sipán was a Moche ruler from the 3rd century. The importance of this finding is that the tomb was found intact, without having been looted, and it is the only tomb of its kind that is currently known of.
Lastly, we will visit the Brüning Archaeological Ethnographic Museum in the city of Lambayeque. We will be able to see various artifacts here, such as a caballito de totora (small reed fishing vessel), cotton fabrics, and a shaman’s table, among other items, all of which belonged to the private collection of Hans Heinrich Brüning, which was later converted into a museum. After this, we will start the return trip back to the city of Chiclayo to end our tour.