- Price for Inca Trail (3 days): S/ 590 per person.
- 1st night in hostel in Leymebamba.
- 2nd night in traditional cabin in Lake of the Condors.
- 3rd night in traditional cabin in Lake of the Condors.
- Breakfast (except the first day).
- Lunch (every day).
- Dinner (except the last day).
- Spanish-speaking guide.
- Entrance fee to the parks.
- Ticket to reach Chachapoyas.
- Individual equipment.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional).
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- Backpack from 40 to 60 liters for the whole circuit.
- Waterproof rain cover for the backpack.
- Trek poles (recommended).
- Long and short sleeved t-shirts.
- Waterproof clothing (jacket and pants).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Hiking shoes.
- Hat for the sun.
- Personal toiletries.
- Toilet paper.
- Water (1 liter per person for the first day).
- Water purification tablets (Micropur or similar).
- Travel insurance.
- Transport from Chachapoyas to Leymebamba: S/ 480 every 3 passengers.
*For booking this service, write us at email@example.com.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Start: 8:30 am in the Plaza de Armas of Leymebamba.
End: 5:30 pm in downtown Leymebamba.
Day 1: Leymebamba – Kuelap – Leymebamba Museum.
We will meet at our meeting point to start our activity, although there will be no trekking done on this first day of the trip. The first thing we will visit after departing the city of Leymebamba will be the Macro complex, where we will get our first experience up close with the pre-Inca architecture of the Chachapoya. Next, we will continue along our way until the town of Nuevo Tingo and the loading station for the cable car that will take us to the entrance of the Kuélap archaeological complex. After a 20-minute trip in cable car, we will start a short hike that will last around 20-30 minutes to reach the citadel. Here, we will take a 2-hour tour where we will receive information on the way of life in the fortress and each of the buildings found. Following this tour, we will return by cable car to Nuevo Tingo for lunch, and then we will continue on towards Leymebamba. Here, we will visit the museum that holds over 2,000 objects and 200 mummies recovered from the mausoleums of the Lake of the Condors. After this visit, we will go to our lodging in Leymebamba to eat dinner and go to sleep.
Day 2: Leymebamba – Lake of the Condors (9 hours).
After breakfast, we will begin the day's trek, hiking through various ecological zones where we can see diverse flora and fauna. Our destination will be the Lake of the Condors, also known as the Lake of the Mummies. In 1996, over 200 intact mummies were found here that are currently on exhibit and being preserved in the Leymebamba Museum, the most important archaeological treasure in Peru. At night, we will eat dinner and go to sleep in a traditional cabin.
Day 3: Lake of the Condors – Mausoleums (5 hours).
Just like the other days, we will eat breakfast early and then head out for the day's trek. We will follow the path to the mausoleums, where the mummies from the Lake of the Condors were found. The mausoleums are six spaces decorated with paintings, where the mummies were found as well as numerous archaeological relics, such as textiles, ceramics, and woodcarvings, among other items. It is very hard to get to the mausoleums, and that is why we will observe them with binoculars from a good spot.
In the afternoon, we will use the time to tour the surroundings of the lake, or even fish for trout. At night, we will eat dinner and go to sleep in a traditional cabin.
Day 4: Lake of the Condors – Leymebamba (8 hours).
After eating breakfast, we will start the return hike back to Leymebamba, as we take in the last views of the Peruvian high jungle. In Leymebamba we will end the activity.