- Price for Inca Trail (3 days): S/ 430 per person.
- 1st night in camp in Cachurco (double shared tent).
- 2nd night in a hostel in Nuevo Tingo.
- Breakfast (except the first day).
- Lunch (every day).
- Dinner (except the last day).
- Spanish-speaking guide.
- Entrance fee to the parks.
- Entrance fee to Kuélap.
- Tickets to reach Chachapoyas.
- Individual equipment.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional).
Hot to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
What to bring
- Backpack from 40 to 60 liters for the whole circuit.
- Waterproof rain cover for the backpack.
- Trek poles (recommended).
- Long and short sleeved t-shirts.
- Waterproof clothing (jacket and pants).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Hiking shoes.
- Hat for the sun.
- Personal toiletries.
- Toilet paper.
- Water (1 liter per person for the first day).
- Water purification tablets (Micropur or similar).
- Travel insurance.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Start: 7:00 am in downtown Chachapoyas.
End: 5:30 pm in downtown Chachapoyas.
Day 1: Chachapoyas – Yalape – Levanto – Cachurco (5 hours).
We will depart from the city of Chachapoyas early in the morning to start this trekking tour on part of the Inca Road, or Qhapaq Ñan. Our first stop will be the Yalape archaeological site, a Chachapoya building erected between 1100 and 1470. Along the way, we will also get a panoramic view of the city of Chachapoyas, which we will be able to photograph to take a wonderful memory home with us. We will then continue hiking through a landscape where we could spot the Marvelous spatuletail hummingbird (Loddigesia mirabilis) if we are lucky. Next, we will go to Levanto, the town where we will eat lunch.
In the afternoon, we will continue the route along the Inca Road until reaching Cachurco, where we will make camp. We will also be able to eat dinner and enjoy some time together before going to bed.
Day 2: Cachurco – Machu Pirca – Macro – Nuevo Tingo (5 hours).
After eating breakfast, we will pack up our things to continue our hike along the Inca Road. Our first stop of the day will be at Machu Pirca, which is located on a cliff face. After this experience, we will trek to the Limón hill, where we will be able to enjoy our box lunch of the day.
In the afternoon, we will hike to the Macro site located at a strategic point overlooking the Utcubamba River. Here, we will receive some information from our guide on this archaeological complex and its relation to what we will see on the following day. After the tour, we will be able to choose whether we want to camp along the river or continue on to Nuevo Tingo to sleep at a hostel. After dinner, we will be able to sleep and rest up to restore our energy for the next day.
Day 3: Nuevo Tingo – Kuelap – Chachapoyas.
We will get up early to eat breakfast and then start the trek to the fortress of Kuelap. Once in the citadel, we will start the tour of the most important parts of this pre-Inca archaeological site. We will learn about this culture’s social structure, as well as about some customs that can be explained thanks to archaeological studies conducted after this site was rediscovered at the end of the 19th century. After this, we will return to Nuevo Tingo to take our vehicle back to Chachapoyas and end the activity.