- Price per person:
- CLP$ 69.000 per person.
- 10:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- 5 hours and a half.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and lunch.
- What to bring:
- Waterproof clothing, sunglasses, snack, water, comfortable clothing, fleece clothing to stay warm (Polartec or similar) and winter hat and gloves for the cold.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
- Adult: CLP$ 69,000 per person.
- Children: CLP$ 35,000 per person.
*Children's rate valid until age 12.
We will pick you up at your hotel to start this route that will take us to discover one of the most emblematic parts of the island of Chiloé: its food. The Food Tour begins with a visit to the Yumbel Market of Castro, where the ingredients are sold that are used to prepare the different dishes from the island. After this, we will stop by the palafittes (palafitos) of Castro and then go to a rural area where a local family will receive us. Here, we will learn about the preparation process and we will be able to taste an amazing dish from Chiloé: curanto al hoyo (traditional dish cooked in a hole in the ground). After seeing this process and trying the dish, we will start the return trip back to the city of Castro to end the activity.
*If your accommodations are in the Rilán Peninsula, we will have to set a meeting point because we don’t make pickups in that area.