- Price per person:
- CLP$ 49.000 per person.
- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- 4 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport and bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Not included:
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, sunglasses, snack, water, comfortable clothing, fleece clothing to stay warm (Polartec or similar) and winter hat and gloves for the cold.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
- Adult: CLP$ 49,000 per person.
- Children: CLP$ 29,000 per person.
*Children's rate valid until age 12.
We will pick you up at your hotel in downtown Castro to start this Birdwatching on the Rilán Peninsula tour. We will make some stops to find some varieties of birds present on the island, depending on the season, of course. For example, between May and August we can spot the Chilean flamingo, and we could see the Hudsonian godwit between October and April. We can also see black-necked swans, seagulls, and ducks, among other bird species.
Afterwards, we will visit the Rilán Church, which is a World Heritage Site, and a handicraft workshop. Likewise, a local family will receive us and tell us more about what life is like on the island of Chiloé. After this, we will take our transportation back to Castro to end our activity.
*If your accommodations are in the Rilán Peninsula, we will have to set a meeting point because we don’t make pickups in that area.