- Price per person:
- S/ 109.00 per person.
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- 3 hours.
- Shared transport, spanish guide, hiking poles, helmet and gloves.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), english speaking guide nor food.
- Meeting Point:
- Jr. 9 de diciembre 130, Huamanga, Ayacucho.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, trekking shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 3 days.
We will meet at our meeting point to start this tour in the surrounding area of Ayacucho. The Cañón de Qorihuillca, located to the northwest of the city of Ayacucho about 40 minutes away, is one of the best-kept secrets of this destination. The trail cuts through the middle of a large crevice formed by a flowing river that eroded the earth. It’s 2 kilometers long and can be hiked in two hours. We will go through well-lit places and other places that are completely dark and underground. We will have the chance to see different types of insects, which is why it's very important to follow your guide's instructions to know which ones are dangerous and which are not. If we’re lucky, we will also be able to see some bats in the caves.
Continuing with the tour, we will come out at the surface through a ravine we will have to climb up to get to flat ground. From there, it will be a short hike to where our vehicle will be awaiting us to take us back to Ayacucho and end the activity.