- Price per person:
- S/ 65.00 per person.
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- 6 hours.
- Shared transport and spanish guide.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), english speaking guide nor food.
- Meeting Point:
- Jr. 9 de diciembre 130, Huamanga, Ayacucho.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, comfortable shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack and water.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 3 days.
We will meet mid-morning at our meeting point to leave Ayacucho. The Wari complex is located 20 kilometers outside the city, the capital of the first Andean empire. It’s said that the Wari Empire was the foundation on which the Incas built all of their power. Here we will be able to see the ruins of the great temple and some neighborhoods that were part of the city.
After this, we will visit some ceramic artisan workshops in the town of Quinua, where we will learn about the process to make ceramic utensils. We will also go to the Historical Sanctuary of the Ayacucho Pampa, where a battle took place that was a turning point in Peru's independence. After experiencing this place and understanding what it means to Peruvian and South American history, we will return to the city where we will end our tour.