- Price per person:
- CLP$ 30.000 per person.
- 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- 13 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and lunch.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 10 years old.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 4 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 3 days.
We will pick you up at your hotel in the city of Arica to begin this tour that will take us to the height of the Chungará Lake. The route passes by the town of Poconchile, small village where is the San Jerónimo Church, built in 1605. After that, we will continue to the Cardones Ravine, town of Malku, and the Putre lookout, from where we will have a Panoramic view of the Lauca National Park. These stops, besides giving the oportunity to see the landscape, respond to the need of acclimatize the body to the altitude.
Then, we will make a stop in the Chucuyo lookout, before reaching the Chungará Lake, at 4,500 m (14,763.7 ft.) of altitude, inside the national park. Along this lake, there are a series of lagoons and wetlands where inhabit more than 130 native species, flamingos and ducks among them. After this moment, we will begin the return to the city of Arica, where we will end the activity.