- Price per person: S/. 149.
- Pickup at the hotel in Arequipa.
- Drop off in Arequipa's downtown.
- Shared transportation.
- 1st night in cabin in San Juan de Chuccho (shared room, with shared bathrom without shower).
- 2nd night in local accomodations in Sangalle Oasis (shared room, with shared bathroom and cold shower).
- Breakfast (every day).
- Lunch (except the last day).
- Dinner (except the last day).
- Extra blankets for the cold.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Lunch (last day).
- Dinner (last day).
- Tourist ticket:
- S/. 70 per person for foreigners.
- S/. 40 per person for Latin Americans.
- S/. 20 per person for Peruvians.
- Entry ticket to the hot springs (S/. 15 per person).
- Health insurance.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- 40 liters backpack to bring the things you will use during the trek.
- Trek poles (recommended).
- First layer (synthetic shirts and pants).
- Short and long sleeved shirts.
- Warm jacket.
- Waterproof clothes (jacket and pants, or rain poncho).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Bathing suite.
- Trek shoes.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Hat for the sun.
- Toilet paper.
- Insect repellent.
- Power banks.
- Snack for the walking, especially the morning of the third day, because breakfast will be in Cabanaconde after hiking up the canyon.
- At least S/. 150 for expenses not considered in the trek.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Beginning: Day 1 at 3:00 am at your hotel in Arequipa.
End: Day 3 at 6:00 pm in Arequipa's downtown.
Day 1: Arequipa – Chivay – San Juan de Chuccho. We will pick you up at your hotel very early to leave Arequipa by vehicle. There will be a 3 hours travel to Chivay, where we will be able to buy the tourist ticket (not included). We will take our vehicle again to go to Yanque, old colonial capital where we will have breakfast. After that, we will have a 1 and a half hours travel to the Cruz del Cóndor (Condor Cross), where we will see these big birds flying. Later, we will reach Pampas de San Miguel, at 3200 m (10,498.68 feet) of altitude, where we will begin the trek. There will be a 3 hours descent to the Colca River, at 2,200 m (7,217.8 feet) of altitude and we will cross the hanging bridge to get to San Juan de Chuccho, at 2,660 m (8,727 feet) of altitude. Here we will have lunch and will arrange a walking to know the town's surroundings. During the night, we will have dinner and rest for the next day.
Day 2: Cosñirhua – Sangalle Oasis. We will have breakfast to begin the day with energy and face in a good manner the the trek. We will visit Cosñirhua and Malata, while our guide tell us about the customs of the people of the place, and about the areas' flora and fauna. Around noon, we will reach the Sangalle Oasis, 2,200 m (7,217.8 feet) of altitude, where we will use our time to visit the place and rest in the pool. In the afternoon, we will have dinner and sleep in the bungalows.
Day 3: Yanque – Chivay – Arequipa. We will get up to begin an ascent trek of 3 hours, from the oasis 2,200 m (7,217.8 feet), to Cabanaconde, at 3200 m (10,498.68 feet) of altitude, where we will have breakfast. In this place, we will take the bus back to Chivay, part of the way in which we will make stops to take pictures and admire the landscape. We will stop at the Antahuilque viewpoint and will visit the traditional town of Maca. At noon, we will reach Yanque, where we will have access to the hot springs (not included). Back to Chivay, we will have time for lunch (not included), and then we will continue with the visits, at the same time we get closer to Arequipa. We will stop in the volcanoes viewpoint and in the Reserva Nacional de Salinas y Aguada Blanca (Natural Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca).
Connection Chivay – Puno
In case you have a bus ticket from Chivay to Puno departing between 12:45 pm and 1:15 pm, you can end the this tour the third day in Chivay, what means that you will lost the last part of the tour between Chivay and Arequipa (Volcanoes Lookout Point and Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve Lookout point). This must be requested at email@example.com once you have made the online booking. It should be noted that you have to buy the ticket before the tour, because the tickets are limited, and they could be sold out. The bus companies that offer make the route Chivay – Puno are 4M, May Tour and Rutas del Sur.
How much luggage can I bring to the tour?
We recommend you taking only what are you going to use during the tour, so you don’t have to carry extra unnecessary weight. You can leave the rest of your luggage at your accommodations or in our local agency in Arequipa, while you are doing the tour. In case you are going to make the connection Chivay – Puno, you can bring a bag or suitcase of maximum of 18 kg.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.