- Price per person: S/. 109.
- Pickup at the hotel.
- Drop off in Arequipa’s downtown.
- Shared transportation.
- 1 night in local accommodations in Sangalle Oasis:
- Shared room.
- Shared bathroom with cold shower.
- Breakfast every day.
- Lunch (the first day).
- Dinner (the first day).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Lunch (second day: S/. 28 per person).
- Dinner (second day).
- Tourist ticket:
- S/. 70 per person for foreigners.
- S/. 40 per person for Latin Americans.
- S/. 20 per person for Peruvians.
- Entry ticket to the hot springs (S/. 15 per person).
- Travel insurance.
- Health-care coverage.
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Pay online a deposit of the total price of the program.
- Once paid, the booking is subject to confirmation according to availability. If you want to check the availability before paying, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 40 liters backpack to bring the things you will use during the trek.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trek poles (recommended).
- First layer (synthetic shirts and pants).
- Short and long sleeved shirts.
- Warm jacket.
- Waterproof clothes (jacket and pants, or rain poncho).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Bathing suite.
- Trek shoes.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Hat for the sun.
- Toilet paper.
- Insect repellent.
- Power banks.
- Snack for the walking, especially the morning of the second day, because breakfast will be in Cabanaconde after hiking up the canyon.
- At least S/. 150 for expenses not considered in the trek.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Beginning: Day 1 at 3:00 am at your hotel in Arequipa.
End: Day 2 at 4:30 pm in Arequipa's downtown.
Day 1: Arequipa – Yanque – Sangalle Oasis. We will pick you up very early in the morning to begin our journey by vehicle to Yanque, where we will have breakfast. After that, we will go to the Cruz del Cóndor (Condor Cross), where we will see some of these magnificent birds flying. We will continue the way to Cabanaconde, to begin our trek from the Pampa San Miguel viewpoint, at 3,200 m (10,498.68 feet) of altitude. We will go down by one of the canyon’s sides to the suspension bridge at 2,200 m (7,217.8 feet) of altitude, where we will arrive after 3 hours of walking. After a short break, we will resume our trek to go to San Juan de Chuccho, where we will have lunch.
After lunch and recover energy, we will go up to Cosñirhua, at 2,660 m (8,727 feet) of altitude. In this place we will have some rest so then we continue to the Sangalle Oasis, at 2,200 m (7,217.8 feet) of altitude, where we will rest and have some free time to enjoy the pool. After that, we will have dinner and spend the night in the bungalows.
Day 2: Sangalle Oasis – Yanque – Arequipa. We will get up very early to begin the trek of the day with our headlamps, going up from the oasis, at 2,200 m (7,217.8 feet), to Cabanaconde, at 3,200 m (10,498.68 feet) of altitude, for 3 and a half hours. In this place, we will have breakfast, so then we take our vehicle and go towards the natural viewpoints of Wayrapunko, Antahuilque and Choquetico, where we will be able to see the vestiges of the pre-Incan people. After that, we will visit the hot springs of Yanque (not included), so then go back to Chivay and have our lunch (not included). From here, we will take our vehicle back to Arequipa. In the way, we will visit Patapampa, at 4,910 m (16,108.9 feet) of altitude and the Reserva Natural de Salinas y Aguada Blanca (Natural Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca).
Connection Chivay – Puno
In case you have a bus ticket from Chivay to Puno departing between 12:45 pm and 1:15 pm, you can end the this tour the second day in Chivay, what means that you will lost the last part of the tour between Chivay and Arequipa (Volcanoes Lookout Point and Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve Lookout point). This must be requested at email@example.com once you have made the online booking. It should be noted that you have to buy the ticket before the tour, because the tickets are limited, and they could be sold out. The bus companies that offer make the route Chivay – Puno are 4M, May Tour and Rutas del Sur.