Colca Canyon Trek (2 days)
If you cancel your booking until 24 hours before the beginning of the activity, we will refund 100% of the advance you paid for the booking.
You can reschedule your booking without any additional cost until 24 hours before the beginning of the activiity.
The classic trekking tour with lodging at the Oasis of Sangalle. Includes a visit to the lookout points and thermal springs.
- Price per person: S/ 185.
- Pickup at the hotel (in downtown area).
- Drop off in Arequipa’s downtown.
- Shared transportation.
- 1 night in local accommodations in Sangalle Oasis:
- Shared room.
- Shared bathroom with cold shower.
- Breakfast every day.
- Lunch (the first day).
- Dinner (the first day).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Lunch (second day: S/. 28 per person).
- Entrance fee to Chacapi Hot Springs in Yanque: S/ 15 per person.
- Dinner (second day).
- Tourist ticket:
- S/. 70 per person for foreigners.
- S/. 40 per person for Latin Americans.
- S/. 20 per person for Peruvians.
- Travel insurance.
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
What to bring
- 40 liters backpack to bring the things you will use during the trek.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trek poles (recommended).
- First layer (synthetic shirts and pants).
- Short and long sleeved shirts.
- Warm jacket.
- Waterproof clothes (jacket and pants, or rain poncho).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Bathing suite.
- Trek shoes.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Hat for the sun.
- Toilet paper.
- Insect repellent.
- Power banks.
- Snack for the walking, especially the morning of the second day, because breakfast will be in Cabanaconde after hiking up the canyon.
- At least S/. 150 for expenses not considered in the trek.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Beginning: Day 1 at 3:00 am at your hotel in Arequipa.
End: Day 2 at 5:30 pm in Arequipa's downtown.
Day 1: Cabanaconde – San Juan de Chuccho – Oasis de Sangalle (15 km, 7 hours).
We will pick you up at your accommodation to start this trip outside Arequipa. You will travel for 3hours to the city of Chivay, where you will have breakfast. After that, you will visit the Cruz del Cóndor, at 3600 m of altitude, where you will stay for around 40 minutes to tour the place, see the condors and take pictures. After that, you will continue by vehicle to San Miguel, at 3200 m of altitude, where you will have a couple of minutes to set your backpack and start walking. You will begin going down through the canyon, with views of how deep it is, besides the flora and fauna of the place. After 3 hours walking down, you will cross the bridge to go to the San Juan de Chuccho, at 2230 m of altitude, community, where you will have lunch in a local family place. After lunch and rest for a while, you will walk a couple of hours more until reaching the Oasis de Sangalle, at 1900 m of altitude, where you will be able to enjoy nature, the pool and get rest during the night.
Day 2: Cabanaconde – Chivay – Arquipa (7 km, 3 to 4 hours).
You will get up very early to start the trekking of the day in which you will have to go up for 3 to 4 hours, until the highest part of the canyon. On the way up, that you will start during nighttime, you will be able to see the dawn while you go with the trekking. You will see the change with the first light and how they light up the whole canyon. In the highest part you will have time to rest and watch the great feat you just did. Then, you will walk a little bit more to Cabanaconde, at 3300 m of altitude, where you will have breakfast. After that, you will take the transport to pass by the Antahuilque Lookout Points, from where you will be able to see the farming terraces, and visit the thermal baths, where you will be able to relax and rest from the walking. Then, you will continue to Chivay for lunch, after what it will start the return trip, making a stop in the Volcanoes Lookout Point, at 13,747 feet of altitude, before reaching the city of Arequipa, where the activity ends.
Connection Chivay – Puno
In case you have a bus ticket from Chivay to Puno departing between 12:45 pm and 1:15 pm, you can end the this tour in Chivay, what means that you will lost the last part of the tour between Chivay and Arequipa (Volcanoes Lookout Point and Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve Lookout point). This must be requested in the Additional comments box of the online booking process. The bus ticket from Chivay to Puno you must buy before in Redbus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much luggage can I bring to the tour?
We recommend you taking only what are you going to use during the tour, so you don’t have to carry extra unnecessary weight. You can leave the rest of your luggage at your accommodations or in our local agency in Arequipa, while you are doing the tour. In case you are going to make the connection Chivay – Puno, you can bring a bag or suitcase of maximum of 18 kg.