- Price per person:
- S/. 49.00 per person.
- 3:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- 14 hours and a half.
- Shared transport, breakfast, bilingual guide and hotel pick up (only central urban area).
- Not included:
- Lunch, colca tourist ticket (S/. 70 for foreigners, S/. 40 for Latinamericans and S/. 20 for Peruvians), travel insurance with health-care coverage nor entry ticket to Chacapi Hot Springs (S/. 15 per person)..
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, sun hat, sunscreen, water and comfortable clothing.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
We will pick you up at your hotel very early to depart from Arequipa towards the city of Chivay, a 3-hour road trip. The Full Day Colca Canyon tour really begins upon arrival to the city of Chivay, where we will eat breakfast. Once we have replenished our energy after the long trip and waking up early, from here we will continue on our way until reaching the Cruz del Cóndor (Cross of the Condor), a nesting site for condors with a wingspan of up to 3 meters (almost 10 feet). We will be able to tour the lookout point and observe them in flight. Then, we will continue on in our vehicle to Choquetico, Maca, and Antahuilque, a lookout point where we will be able to behold the Colca Valley in all of its splendor, as well as the pre-Inca terraces that are still used today for planting grains and other crops.
The next stop will be Yanque, where we will be able to enjoy the thermal springs and relax for an hour. Next, we will go back to Chivay, where we will have lunch. After this, we will take our vehicle to start the trip back to Arequipa, but not without first making a few stops at the Volcano Lookout Point located at an altitude of 4,800 meters (15,748 feet), where you can enjoy a superb view of the region's surrounding volcanoes. We will also make a stop at the Cañahuas Pampa National Reserve, a wetland where vicuñas and alpacas can be spotted. Afterwards, we will not make any more stops until reaching downtown Arequipa to end our tour.