- Without accomodations:
- Normal season S/ 89 per person.
- Easter and National Holidays: S/ 109 per person.
- With accommodations (normal season):
- Tres Lunas basic hostel or similar: S/ 99 per person.
- Sonqo Killa Superior Hostel or similar: S/ 125 per person.
- Colca Inn 2-stars Hotel or similar: from S/ 160 per person in double room.
- Colca Llacta 3-stars Hotel or similar: from S/ 210 per person in double room.
*The prices with accommodations also have variation for Easter and National Holidays. The changes will be shown according to what you select during the booking process.
*The first day the itinerary ends in Chivay, so if you choose the option without accommodations and your accommodations option are outside the city, you will have to pay an additional transport.
- Tres Lunas Hostel: private bathroom, hot water and continental breakfast.
- Sonko Killa Hostel or similar: private bathroom, hot water, TV and WiFi, and continental breakfast.
- Colca Inn Hotel: private bathroom, hot water, TV and WiFi, heating and American breakfast.
- Colca Llacta Hotel: private bathroom, hot water, TV and WiFi, heating, buffet breakfast and game room.
- Hotel pickup (only central urban area).
- Shared transport.
- Breakfast on Day 1.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Tourist ticket:
- S/. 70 per person for foreigners.
- S/. 40 per person for Latin Americans.
- S/. 20 per person for Peruvians.
- Entrance fee to La Calera hot springs: S/ 15 per person.
- Lunch and dinner on both days.
*Until December 31st, 2021, there will be no charge for tourist ticket (entrance fee).
- 25-liter backpack to carry the items you will use during the two days.
- Warm clothes.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Hat to protect against the sun.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Extra money for expenses not included in the price of the tour.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
Start: 8:00 am at your hotel in Arequipa.
End: 5:00 pm in downtown Arequipa.
Day 1: Cañahuas Pampa – Patapampa – Chivay. We will pick you up at your hotel to take the highway out of the city of Arequipa. We will go up in altitude along the way, so we will make short stops to acclimate. One of these stops will be at Cañahuas Pampa, a reserve where alpacas and vicuñas can be spotted. After this, we will make a short stop in Patahuasi. From here, we will continue on to a place called Tacra, where we will be able to observe the region's flora and fauna.
The next stop on the tour will be a visit to Patapampa, the volcano lookout point located at an altitude of 4,800 meters (15,748 feet). Next, we will move on to the city of Chivay, where we will be able to have lunch and settle into our respective hotels. In the afternoon, we will be able to visit the thermal springs of La Calera (entrance fee not included) to unwind, and then we will be free to have dinner in the city of Chivay. After dinner, we will go to rest up for the following day ahead of us.
Day 2: Cruz del Cóndor – Maca – Chivay – Arequipa. We will get up early to eat breakfast in the hotel and then we will take our vehicle to go visit the Cruz del Cóndor (Cross of the Condor). Here, we will be able to tour and visit the lookout point from where you will be able to see some condors in flight. We will also make stops in some towns like Yanque and Maca, where we can go to the local plazas and some handicraft fairs. Next, we will return to Chivay to eat lunch, and then we will continue on our trip back to Arequipa to end our tour.
Connection Chivay – Puno
In case you have a bus ticket from Chivay to Puno departing between 12:45 pm and 1:15 pm, you can end the this tour the second day in Chivay, what means that you will lost the last part of the tour between Chivay and Arequipa (Volcanoes Lookout Point and Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve Lookout point). This must be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have made the online booking. It should be noted that you have to buy the ticket before the tour, because the tickets are limited, and they could be sold out. The bus companies that offer make the route Chivay – Puno are 4M, May Tour and Rutas del Sur.
How much luggage can I bring to the tour?
We recommend you taking only what are you going to use during the tour, so you don’t have to carry extra unnecessary weight. You can leave the rest of your luggage at your accommodations or in our local agency in Arequipa, while you are doing the tour. In case you are going to make the connection Chivay – Puno, you can bring a bag or suitcase of maximum of 18 kg.
More doubts? Send us your questions at email@example.com and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.