Colca Canyon (2 days)
If you cancel your booking until 48 hours before the beginning of the activity, we will refund 100% of the advance you paid for the booking.
You can reschedule your booking without any additional cost until 48 hours before the beginning of the activiity.
Two-day tour with lodging in Chivay. Visit the best lookout points of the Colca Canyon, along with a visit to the La Calera thermal springs.
- Without accommodations:
- S/ 129 per person.
- With accommodations:
- Tres Lunas basic hostel or similar: S/ 139 per person.
- Sonqo Killa Superior Hostel or similar: S/ 159 per person.
- Vita Colca 2-stars Hotel or similar: from S/ 180 per person in double room.
- Colca Llacta 3-stars Hotel or similar: from S/ 235 per person in double room.
*The first day the itinerary ends in Chivay, so if you choose the option without accommodations and your accommodations option are outside the city, you will have to pay an additional transport.
- Tres Lunas Hostel: private bathroom, hot water and breakfast.
- Sonko Killa Hostel or similar: private bathroom, hot water, TV and WiFi, and breakfast.
- Vita Colca Hotel: private bathroom, hot water, TV and WiFi, heating and breakfast.
- Colca Llacta Hotel: private bathroom, hot water, TV and WiFi, heating, breakfast and game room.
How to Book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- Hotel pickup (only central urban area).
- Shared transport.
- Breakfast the second day.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- In case you choose a program with accommodation, there will be only 1 room per group:
- 1 person: single room.
- 2 people: double room.
- 3 people: triple room.
- 4 people: quadruple room.
*If you need separate bedrooms, you must book separately.
- Tourist ticket:
- S/. 70 per person for foreigners.
- S/. 40 per person for Latin Americans.
- S/. 20 per person for Peruvians.
- Entrance fee to La Calera hot springs: S/ 15 per person.
- Breakfast the first day.
- Lunch and dinner on both days.
What to Bring
- 25-liter backpack to carry the items you will use during the two days.
- Warm clothes.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Hat to protect against the sun.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Extra money for expenses not included in the price of the tour.
- Minimum age required of 6 years.
Start: 7:20 am at your hotel in Arequipa.
End: 5:00 pm in downtown Arequipa.
Day 1: Cañahuas Pampa – Patapampa – Chivay. We will pick you up at your hotel to take the highway out of the city of Arequipa. We will go up in altitude along the way, so we will make short stops to acclimate. One of these stops will be at Cañahuas Pampa, a reserve where alpacas and vicuñas can be spotted. After this, we will make a short stop in Patahuasi. From here, we will continue on to a place called Tacra, where we will be able to observe the region's flora and fauna.
The next stop on the tour will be a visit to Patapampa, the volcano lookout point located at an altitude of 4,800 meters (15,748 feet). Next, we will move on to the city of Chivay, where we will be able to have lunch and settle into our respective hotels. In the afternoon, we will be able to visit the thermal springs of Cahacapi (entrance fee not included) to unwind, and then we will be free to have dinner in the city of Chivay. After dinner, we will go to rest up for the following day ahead of us.
Day 2: Cruz del Cóndor – Maca – Chivay – Arequipa. We will get up early to eat breakfast in the hotel and then we will take our vehicle to go visit the Cruz del Cóndor (Cross of the Condor). Here, we will be able to tour and visit the lookout point from where you will be able to see some condors in flight. We will also make stops in some towns like Yanque and Maca, where we can go to the local plazas and some handicraft fairs. Next, we will return to Chivay to eat lunch, and then we will continue on our trip back to Arequipa to end our tour.
Connection Chivay – Puno
In case you have a bus ticket from Chivay to Puno departing between 12:45 pm and 1:15 pm, you can end the this tour in Chivay, what means that you will lost the last part of the tour between Chivay and Arequipa (Volcanoes Lookout Point and Pampa Cañahuas National Reserve Lookout point). This must be requested in the Additional comments box of the online booking process. The bus ticket from Chivay to Puno you must buy before in Redbus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much luggage can I bring to the tour?
We recommend you taking only what are you going to use during the tour, so you don’t have to carry extra unnecessary weight. You can leave the rest of your luggage at your accommodations or in our local agency in Arequipa, while you are doing the tour. In case you are going to make the connection Chivay – Puno, you can bring a bag or suitcase of maximum of 18 kg.