- Price per person:
- S/. 45.00 per person.
- 8:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- 3 hours and a half.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport and spanish guide.
- Not included:
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
We will begin this tour by picking you up at your hotel in Arequipa. Once we have picked up all travelers, we will embark on the Ashlar Route by departing the city towards the Añashuayco quarry. Here, our guide will give us a number of talks about the process of extracting ashlar, a stone used in the majority of the buildings around the Plaza de Armas of Arequipa. We will also receive information about the chiseling, carving, and large-scale chiseling done by the stonemasons.
Afterwards, we will go to the Culebrillas Gorge, a quarry that is not being mined, but which we are able to walk through for 20 minutes via a small canyon formed by water erosion. At the end of the tour, we will see some petroglyphs that we can admire and photograph while our guide tells us about them. Then, we will go back to Arequipa to end the tour.