- Price per person:
- from CLP$ 29.000 per person.
- 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- 6 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and private transportation.
- Not included:
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 3 days.
- 1 persona: CLP4 80,000.
- Group of 2 to 3 people: CLP$ 47.000 per person.
- Group of 4 to 6 people: CLP$ 39.000 per person.
- Group of 7 to 14 people: CLP$ 29.000 per person.
*No charge for children between the age of 0 to 10. Once you’ve made the booking, write at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate name, passport number and nationality of the child travelling without cost.
We will leave Antofagasta, after picking you up at your hotel, to start this Chacabuco Saltpeter Works & Baquedano Station tour. We will make a travel to the past, to the golden era of the saltpeter extraction, to visit the places in which this job was made. Our first stop will be the Baquedano Train Station, project thought during 1873, but that had to be postponed until 1910, because of the Pacific War. After visiting the facilities, we will continue the road to the Chacabuco Saltpeter Works, where we will have access to the history and more details of the life in the pampas at the beginning of the 20th Century. Then, we will take our vehicle back to Antofagasta and end the tour.