- Price per person:
- from CLP$ 40.000 per person.
- 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- 6 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport and bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Not included:
- Food nor health insurance.
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 3 days.
Saltpeter Works Full Day:
- Group of 2 to 3 people: CLP$ 53.000 per person.
- Group of 4 to 10 people: CLP$ 40.000 per person.
We will leave Antofagasta, after picking you up at your hotel, to start this Saltpeter Works Full Day tour. We will make a travel to the past, to the golden era of the saltpeter extraction, to visit the places in which this job was made. Our first stop will be the Baquedano Train Station, project thought during 1873, but that had to be postponed until 1910, because of the Pacific War. After visiting the facilities, we will continue the road to the Chacabuco Saltpeter Works, where we will have access to the history and more details of the life in the pampas at the beginning of the 20th Century. Then, we will take our vehicle back to Antofagasta and end the tour.