- Price per person:
- from CLP$ 29.000 per person.
- 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- 6 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), bilingual guide (Spanish and English), snack and private transportation.
- Not included:
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, water, closed toe shoes and winter hat and gloves for the cold.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 3 days.
- 1 person: CLP4 80,000.
- Group of 2 to 3 people: CLP$ 47,000 per person.
- Group of 4 to 6 people: CLP$ 39,000 per person.
- Group of 7 to 10 people: CLP$ 29,000 per person.
*No charge for children between the age of 0 to 10. Once you’ve made the booking, write at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate name, passport number and nationality of the child travelling without cost.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Antofagasta to begin this trip to the Salirera de Chacabuco, where you will make the Astronomical Tour. This place, at 97 km (60.2 miles) from the city, has a few original facilities that you will be able to visit until the light is perfect for the astronomical observation. Besides, this place has no light pollution and it’s in the middle of the Atacama Desert, one of the best places in the world for the astronomical observation. With the guide, you will watch the sky with naked eye so you can have some information about the practice of astronomy and also identify some objects. Then, you will make observation through a 12 inches telescope, so you can see some planets, nebulae and galaxies, among others. After that, you can take some pictures with the night sky that you will receive after, via e-mail or WhatsApp. Then, you will return to Antofagasta and end the tour.
*The pictures included correspond to 2 individual pictures and 2 group pictures, per person. We will share them through WhatsApp or e-mail once the activity ends.