You are checking a tour that begins in Uyuni. If you want to see tours that begin in San Pedro de Atacama, click here.
- Option 1 with 2 nights of hotel:
- 1 person: US$ 1,615per person.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 917 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 752 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 601 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 580 per person.
- Group of 6 people: US$ 508 per person.
- Option 2 with 1 night of hostel and 1 night of hotel:
-1st night in Hostel in Villa Martín.
-2nd night in Hostel in Villa Mar.
- 1 person: US$ 1.263 per person.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 687 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 542 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 433 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 410 per person.
- Group of 6 people: US$ 353 per person.
*Despite the 4x4 vehicle has space for 6 passengers plus the guide, the last seat of the vehicle is narrow, so, in case you want comfort for all the passengers, our suggestion is to make the tour in two groups of 3 people each (two separated bookings).
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay online a deposit of the total price of the program.
- Once paid, the booking is subject to confirmation according to the availability. If you want to check the availability before paying, write us to email@example.com.
- You can reschedule or cancel the tour (with 100% refund), until 31 days before it starts.
- Hotel pick-up in Uyuni.
- Private transportation for option 1 and option 2.
- Spanish speaking driver-guide.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Option 1 with 3 stars hotels, all with private rooms (single, double or triple, according to availability), heating. and private bathroom (hot shower).
- Option 2 with 3 stars hotel and hostel with double or queen-sized bed private rooms (according to availability), with private bathroom (hot shower).
- Beverages in hotel meals.
- Toalhas, calefação nos quartos e acesso a internet (acomodação em hostais).
- Towels, heating in the rooms and internet access (accommodation in hostels).
- Entrances to parks (186 bolivianos per person).
- Entrance to Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (150 bolivianos per person).
- Entrance to Polques Hot Springs (6 bolivianos per person).
- Entrance to Incahuasi Island (30 bolivianos per person).
- Access to toilets on the way (approximately 6 bolivianos each acces).
- Health insurance.
What to bring
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Comfortable shoes (ideally trekking shoes).
- Swimsuit and towel (for Polques Hot Springs).
- Water (1 litre per person, per day).
- Passport or ID card.
- 300 bolivianos for expenses not included in the tour.
- Minimum age required of 7 years old.
- Not recommended for people suffering hypertension, heart failure, asthma or similar, for whom visiting places above 4000 meters of altitude may present a risk for their health (the tour is made mostly above 4000 meters of altitude, even reaching 4850 meters of altitude one of the days of the tour).
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Beginning: Day 1 at 7:30 am at your hotel in Uyuni.
End: Day 3 at 7:00 pm at your hotel in Uyuni.
Day 1: We will leave the town of Uyuni towards the Uyuni Salt Flat. We will visit the Train Cemetery, the town of Colchani and the Salt Museum. We will go on our way until we reach the Incahuasi Island, in the center of the salt flat. We will make a 30 minutes’ walk by this limestone formation, where we will be able to see cacti and have spectacular views of the salt flat. After seeing the sunset in the salt flat, we will get to our accommodation to rest the first night.
Day 2: We will begin the tour of the day by the Chiguana Salt Flat, and after, we will pass by a series of lagoons from north to south: Cañapa, Hedionda, Chiarcota and Honda. After that, we will enter to the Siloli Desert and we will visit the Stone Tree, so after we get to our accommodation, where we will spend the second night.
Day 3: Our last day of tour will begin very early to go to the Colorada Lagoon, nesting place of more than 30,000 flamingos. Our next stop will be the Sol de Mañana Geysers, intermittent sources of water that flow at a 90°C temperature. Then, we will pass by the Salvador Dalí Desert and the Blanca and Verde lagoons, in the foothills of the Licancabur Volcano. After that, we will take the road back to Uyuni, where we will arrive at 7:00 pm.
*This itinerary is subject to change in case of rain during the Altiplanic winter (January to March), maybe changing the order of the places visited and/or the accommodation places included, always maintaining the level and conditions of these.
- What days of the week the tour is available?
As it is a private service, it is possible begin the tour any day of the week, every month of the year.
- How much time in advance should I book the tour?
Because of the hotel high demand in the area, we recommend you to book at least one or two months in advance.
- Do I need to be vaccinated against yellow fever for the tour?
The vaccine against yellow fiebe is not required for the tour to the Uyuni Salt Flat. It is only required if you subsequently plan to visit the Bolivian jungle.
- What kind of car is used to do the tour?
The tour is made on a 4x4 (Toyota Land Cruiser) in Bolivia.
How is the infrastructure of every program?
The program with hotels has a similar level of structure for every accommodation. The rooms are private, single, double or triple, according to the availability, all have heating and private bathroom with warm water. The hostels, on the other hand, have double private rooms, with twin beds or queen size bed, according to availability, no heating and private bathroom with hot water. There is no internet access.
What type of sockets have the accommodations?
The accommodations have sockets type C, compatible with the types E and F. Anyway, our recommendation is that you carry an adapter to avoid any inconvenience.
- How many bags or suitcases can I bring??
Each passenger may carry at most 1 bag or suitcase of 18 kilos which will go above the 4x4.
- Why is it necessary to bring a sleeping bag?
The beds in Refugio Huayllajara (accommodation of the first night) do not include sheets, only include blankets and bedspread. If you don´t have sleeping bag, you can rent one directly in San Pedro de Atacama, the day before the tour. The rent has a price of CLP$ 5.000 per person, for the 4-day tour.
- How is the weather along the tour?
In summer (December to March), the temperature ranges from about 4 °C as a minimum, to 23 °C maximum. In winter (June to September) the temperature ranges from about -20 °C as a minimum, to 16 °C maximum.
- How much money should I bring to the tour?
We recommend to bring 300 bolivianos per person for expenses not included in the tour, as entrances to parks (186 bolivianos per person), access to toilets and buying of souvenirs.
- How likely is suffer "puna" or altitude sickness during the tour?
The most of the tour is made above 4,000 meters high, so it is quite likely to suffer "puna", especially the first day of the tour. We invite you to read our tips to avoid it in our article El mal de altura: Causas, Síntomas y Consejos.
- What is it about the meals?
The meals are varied, and includes tea, coffee, bread, cookies and fruit for breakfast, and meat, pasta, rice, soup and vegetables for lunch and dinner. In case you need a vegetarian menu, you must ask for it writing at firstname.lastname@example.org at the moment you make the online booking.
- What about the tour in case it rains?
In case of rain, the order of the places visited and the accommodation places are subject to change, because some of the roads might be closed. Added to the previous information, water in the Uyuni Salt Flat is an important obstacle and the Incahuasi Island (located in the center of the salt flat) remains closed. This means the Incahuasi Island cannot be visited and we enter to the salt flat only for a certain distance, so the passengers are safe.
- When is it possible to see the mirror effect on the Uyuni Salt Flat?
The mirror effect occurs when there is water on the salt flat. This happens only in rainy periods (January and February) and after them (March).
- Is it possible to do the tour in another language?
Yes. The English-speaking guide service for the whole tour, has an additional cost of US$ 225 per group, and the French or German-speaking guide, of US$ 270 per group, and can be added by the moment of booking as an optional service.